What is Bellafill® and what makes it unique?
Bellafill® is a long lasting filler. It is approved for the correction of facial wrinkles known as nasolabial folds, or smile lines, and the correction of moderate to severe, atrophic, distensible facial acne scars on the cheek in patients over the age of 21 years. Bellafill® is also the only dermal filler established safe and effective for the correction of nasolabial folds through 5 years.
It is distinctive
In the world of injectables, Bellafill® is distinctive. Bellafill® works in two ways:
- The collagen provides immediate volume below pitted acne scars to lift them to the level of the surrounding skin.
- The PMMA microspheres create a matrix that supports your body’s own collagen production.
- Bellafill® is the only dermal filler on the market approved for the correction of moderate to severe, atrophic, distensible facial acne scars on the cheek in patients over the age of 21 years. It was approved for the correction of nasolabial folds in 2006.
- Bellafill® requires a skin test to identify patients who may be allergic to the lidocaine or bovine collagen in Bellafill®.
- Bellafill® isn’t just an exceptional treatment option for acne scars. It has a proven safety profile.